The government of the Generalitat de Catalunya has presented a new quarterly direct aid plan amounting to 618 million euros to support the economic sectors and groups most affected by the COVID-19 containment measures. This article contains details of this new aid from the Generalitat de Catalunya.
We have highlighted the deadline for the application of these grants, the training grant is until March 2021, so keep in mind the other dates. These grants can also be accumulated with other public and/or private subsidies or grants already applied for or that may be applied for later.
Who can apply for the new subsidies from the Generalitat de Catalunya?
- Self-employed workers whose income has been reduced.
- Micro and small businesses that have suffered a substantial drop in turnover and are committed to maintaining the jobs of their employees.
- Workers who are under a temporary lay-off plan (ERTE).
- Sectors most affected by the restrictions.
1.- Aid for the Self-Employed:
- Application deadline: from 19 February from 9:00 am to 26 February at 3:00 pm.
- Aid of 2,000 euros for each self-employed worker.
- The estimated budget is 280 million euros, which would benefit some 140,000 self-employed workers.
- Same requirements as in the two previous calls: taxable income tax base in 2019 equal to or less than 35,000 euros / year, with a net income in 2020 equal to or less than 17,500 euros.
- Those who have already received it and those who perhaps did not meet the requirements then but now do will be able to access it.
- It is applied for by registering in a new database of self-employed workers.
- It will only be necessary to fulfil the requirements to be able to register in the database and access the aid directly.
2.- Micro and small companies in ERTE aimed at maintaining jobs
- Application deadline: from 15 February from 12:00h to 22 February at 15:00h.
- 208 million euros will be allocated.
- For companies with less than 50 workers with a turnover of up to 10 million euros per year that have workers in a situation of ERTE on 31 December 2020.
- The aid will consist of 2,000 euros per full-time worker under ERTE with a maximum of 30,000 euros per company.
- The 208 million EUR will cover workers in ERTE in micro and small enterprises, totalling 104,000.
- To qualify for the aid, the company must undertake to maintain the employment of the workers until 31 December 2021, and in the event of non-compliance, the entire subsidy will be forfeited.
- In order to receive the aid, applicants will only have to submit a certificate of self-responsibility and the administrative control of compliance with the requirements will be carried out a posteriori, once the payment has been made.
3- Workers in a situation of ERTE
- Application deadline: from 15 February from 9:00h to 25 February at 15:00h.
- Direct aid for workers in any sector who are in a situation of ERTE.
- Budget of 105 million euros and the forecast to reach approximately 175,000 people.
- The amount per beneficiary will be a minimum of 600 euros, but this issue will be finalised with the social partners.
4.- Training for workers in ERTE situations
- Aimed at workers who are in a situation of ERTE, prioritising the most affected sectors.
- The aim is to recognise the work experience of these workers and help in their possible reorientation and requalification.
- 25 million euros will be earmarked for training aid and 10,000 people are expected to benefit.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you need help in applying for any of these grants.